Autumn 2009 Results
An excellent day out, great weather, good food and some decent golf - can't say fairer than that! You can get the full results in this pdf file, there's a summary below.
Yellow Ball Winners
Chris Locke, Iain More, Dave Roberts, Pete McIntyre
Blind Pairs Winners
Gordon Neilson and Pete McIntyre
- Paul Wilson and Iain More had the same score as Gordon and Pete but lost on the count back
- Iain More scored an excellent 25 points (yellow ball)
- Nigel Attwood was a close second with 22 points
- Both Ian and Nigel scored 19 points for the blind pairs
- Duncan Clark scored 2 points
- Team 4 amassed a grand total of 36 points, just under half the winning score ! although they did lose the yellow ball on the first hole, the first shot even!
Mike Conroy won longest drive and nearest the pin trophy was hoisted by Gordon Neilson.
- Mike Conroy and Nigel Attwood enjoyed good afternoons, finishing just one point behind the winner, with Phil Reeve and Andy Wraight just two more points further back
- Phil Reeve and Andy Wraight were just one pont further behind that and a total of nine players (from 15) scored over 30 points - pretty good going!
Interesting Facts and Figures
- In the afternoon we scored
- 7 net eagles
- 58 net birdies
- 101 net pars
- 75 net bogeys and 47 doubles or worse
- The average points scored per hole was 1.7
- The second and seventh were the hardest holes; we averaged 1.1 points on those two!
- Holes eight and seventeen are next up, offering an average just 1.3 points each
- Holes two and seventeen are the easiest on the course according to the SI
- The third was actually the easiest, gifting an average of 2.5 points, number 10 on the SI that one
- Just as for last time, there's a slight bias towards the lower handicap players scoring more Stableford points
- Nobody broke 80 gross in the afternoon, Gordon came closest, scoring exactly 80
- Nobody broke 70 net in the afternoon, Gordon and Nigel were closest with exactly 70, Mike managed 71 and Phil scored 72